CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, April 19, 2008

April 19, 2008

#20 Okay...this thankful moment is in the form of a story...bear with me

Rough morning here at the Swindler household. Lots of stuff hit at once and David was in a foul mood to say the very least. The conversation on our front porch was bitter at best, and totally depressing!! comments, options, not-so-much options, solutions...all offered out of fear, rage, complete mental exhaustion from trying to figure it out. It was going nowhere but down. Aly came outside in the middle of it and in a wild attempt to change the tone and content for her ears I asked her to recite her bible verse for her Daddy. (The verse is "Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10)
She smiled and looked at her Daddy-man and said, "Hold still and know that I am God...Psalm 46:10" The tears began to roll from both of our eyes. Aly always has an amazing way of saying just the right thing at just the right time.
God just steam rolled right over all of it out of the mouth of my 4 year old!!!!
I am so thankful for her very life!!! She is the most amazing child I have ever known and I am so blessed that she calles ME Mommy!!!

2 comments:

Susan said...

I can amazingly picture all that!!!! lol!!!! Hope you kissed and made up! :)

Cindy M said...

We all need to "hold still" from time to time, eh? Thanks for sharing that story, Shelley!

I gotta tell you, too, that I LOVE that photo of your girls laughing a couple of posts ago...that is truly a beautiful picture!